Andrea Rutherford, MMS, PA-C
FUN FACTS ABOUT ANDREA
1. Favorite restaurant or bar in Chicago?
2. Favorite Pandora station to listen to in the office?
Steely Dan, Jamiroquai,
3. Cubs or Sox?
Chicago fan! I cheer for both
4. What is one of the things you would put on your “bucket” list?
Cage diving with great white sharks
5. Favorite place to vacation?
6. Favorite adult beverage?
7. Go to Karaoke song?
ha! I don’t do karaoke :/
8. Starbucks order?
Triple espresso over ice with one pump classic
9. What keeps you sane?
Exercise or listening to music
10. Any hidden talents?
I’m a good bowler
11. Early bird or night owl?
Neither but probably now more of an early bird
12. Favorite quote?
I have two:
“Excellence and growth happen in small often uncomfortable increments “ and “Don’t join the great army of the mediocre” both quotes from my high school marching band director ‘Greg Bimm ‘
13. Why did you choose Dermatology?
I am a visual person and dermatology is 99% visual. I also enjoy the instant gratification I get from treating a patients skin condition and seeing the rapid results.
14. Favorite treatment at Pinski Dermatology?
Andrea Rutherford is a certified and licensed Physician Assistant who specializes in the treatment of acne, warts, psoriasis, eczema, hair loss, the evaluation and treatment of skin cancers. She treats both pediatric and adult patients.
Andrea received her PA training from Midwestern University in 2008 and has specialized in Dermatology in the western suburbs since 2009. Prior to becoming a Physician Assistant, Andrea worked as a certified athletic trainer and has an extensive sports medicine background. She received her Bachelors Degree in Athletic Training from Purdue University in 2001 and a Masters of Science degree in Kinesiology from the University of Illinois in Champaign in 2003.
Currently in her second consecutive two year term as the President of the Illinois Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants, Andrea’s special interests include patch testing for allergic contact dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, and ethnic skin care.
In her spare time she enjoys exercising, spending time with her family, and attending Boilermakers and Fighting Illini Sporting events.
- AAPA- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- SDPA- Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- ISDPA- Illinois Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- FSDPA- Florida Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants