Microneedling + Stem Cell/PRP For Facial Rejuvenation Chicago
What is Stem Cell Therapy/PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) With SkinPen® and am I a good candidate?
The SkinPen® by Bellus Medical is a non-surgical, cosmetic micro-needling device to improve the appearance of the skin. Microneedling allows for stimulation of collagen production by creating precise, micro channels in the skin in. Stem Cell Therapy/PRP involves the use of a patient’s own blood plasma, enriched through a special process to increase the concentration of platelets. These platelets contain bioactive proteins and growth factors that serve to accelerate tissue repair and regeneration, and activate your own anti-aging stem cells. This concentrated serum is then applied onto the patient’s skin and is penetrated with the SkinPen device, enhancing overall results and accelerating healing.
SkinPen + PRP therapy is beneficial in reducing the various signs of textural irregularities associated with skin aging, improving the appearance of acne scars, as well as softening lines, wrinkles, and stretch marks on the body. One of the most exciting things about SkinPen® + PRP is that it can be used on all skin types and skin colors. The procedure typically takes about an hour and a half. A topical anesthetic is applied to the skin prior to the procedure to allow for a relatively pain-free experience.
What are the benefits of Microneedling and how does it work?
- SkinPen® microneedling + PRP is minimally invasive and a quick procedure, with a simple in-office blood draw to harvest your PRP followed by microneedling it into the skin.
- Little recovery or downtime makes SkinPen® + PRP ideal for a busy lifestyle.
- Results are generated from your own skin’s natural collagen remodeling and elastin.
- Ideal for assisting in reducing the signs of aging and improving the appearance of acne scarring, along with reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
- This procedure can be performed on most parts of the body including face, neck, décolletage and stretch marks on the stomach, thighs and buttocks.
- Any remaining PRP after the procedure will be applied to the skin in order to optimize results and accelerate healing.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of procedures required will be determined by our staff based upon your individual procedure goals and the health of your skin. Most patients receive a series of 4-6 procedures spaced about 4 weeks apart. Your provider will develop a procedure plan specific to you and also a maintenance plan to help retain the rejuvenating effects.
What type of results will I see?
Patients may notice healthier looking skin immediately. However, the natural repair process of your own skin continues to progress over the course of several weeks as new collagen is formed. Damage that has occurred over an extensive period of time won’t disappear immediately. You may not see the final result for up to 3 months following your final session. Results can include improved texture and firmness, as well as a reduction in scars, pore size, and stretch marks.
*Individual results may vary.
Is there any downtime associated with this procedure?
The total healing time depends on each individual patient. Most patients have some slight swelling and redness/pinkness (like a mild sunburn) for 2-4 days. Some patients may heal completely in 24 hours. Depending on the depth used, some pinpoint bleeding may occur during the procedure, which stops almost immediately once the treatment is complete.