Microblading Eyebrows Chicago
What is Microblading 3D Eyebrow treatment?
Microblading is a non-invasive treatment that creates tiny strokes that look like individual hairs in order to fill out or reshape the eyebrows. The results are a natural, flawless, fuller looking brow. After your first session, one touch up within 3-4 weeks of the original application is mandatory. It is to ensure the eyebrow is completed because it is difficult to predict how well the skin will retain the pigment.
How long do results last?
Microblading can last up to 2 years and will need to be retouched to keep the brow from fading. Touch ups are recommended every 12-18 months to retain the natural shape and color. The length of how long the Microblading will last varies depending on the patients’ maintenance and skin type.
Who is a good candidate for Microblading?
People suffering from alopecia, thyroid condition, or any other condition that causes hair loss will benefit greatly from Microblading. As well as people who simply aren’t happy with their eyebrows, have extremely thin eyebrows, and/or never want to fill in their eyebrows will benefit from Microblading.
What does the treatment entail?
The Microblading Technique is performed without using a machine and produces a very natural looking result. During this manual technique, the pigment is applied with a pencil tool that has a fixed small blade with many disposable needles. The needles are 3x thinner than the needles used for permanent machines. An effect of extremely fine and natural looking hair strokes is achievable. The thick plant- based pigment is used that does not change color but slowly fades over time. Making corrections is easy and is very easy to apply over old washed out permanent make-up eyebrow tattoo (with bleaching pigment/solution). Treatment takes about 2 hours.
Before Your Microblading Procedure
- Do not work out the day of the procedure
- Please come with your eyebrows filled in as you would fill them in on a daily basis so we can get an idea of your desired look. If you do not normally fill them in, we will come up with a desired shape/look for you before the microblading procedure.
- Do not tan or have a sunburned face.
- Do not take aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure.
- No alcohol or caffeine on the day of the procedure.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days before.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- Have Microblading done before your next Botox treatment so we can see the natural shape of the brows/arch.
- You can get Botox 10 days after your Microblading procedure. (Note: Make sure you keep up with your Botox, there is a chance that when the Botox wears off the brows may not be aligned)
Microblading is NOT recommended for any patients who are or have:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Had an organ transplant
- Undergoing chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- Sick (cold/flu)
- Epilepsy -Used Accutane in the past year
- A pacemaker or major heart problems
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Psoriasis near the treated areas
- Skin irritation/rash near the treated area present
- Prone to keloid or hypertrophic scarring
NOTE: Pigment will fade quicker in individuals who:
- use topical products containing hydroquinone, retinol, alpha and beta hydroxyl acids
To view full gallery of before and after photos for actual Microblading Eyebrows patients, click here.