What are Nova Threads?
They are absorbable sutures preloaded onto tiny needles.
- Natural results
- No surgery, minimal discomfort
- Quick procedure
- Effective for Face, Brow, Neck and Jawline
- **Can be used along with Silhouette Instalift and injectable treatments ***
Nova Threads absorbable suture? What is it?
- It’s a synthetic absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone. It’s one of the safest materials that can be implanted into the body.
- The fine suture thread is absorbed within 4 to 6 months and does not result in scar tissue.
How does a Nova Thread treatment work?
The suture threads are inserted into the skin in a particular configuration. Over time, as the sutures are absorbed and new collagen is generated, the threads cause a lifting and tightening effect. By inserting Nova Threads, we create a self-healing response that is supported by your own collagen!
How long does it last?
Longevity of results will vary. Initial treatment protocols may require three-four treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. Once the desired level of improvement has been achieved, results may last 1-2 years. Because your skin continues to age, you will continue to experience natural loss of collagen, decreasing your level of improvement. Results are best maintained with proper at-home skincare and follow-up maintenance treatments.
Your skin gently reacts to the inserted threads
- During the 4 to 6 months needed to fully absorb the PDO suture, your skin is also repairing itself around it.
- PDO threads are NOT like older threads that were permanent and problematic.
Am I a good candidate?
Nova Threads provide an excellent treatment option for any area needing collagen stimulation to improve etched in lines/wrinkles. A consultation with one of our Dermatologists can very easily determine whether or not you are a candidate for this treatment.